RW Centenary Celebrations - Open Towers
Click here to see a list of the towers open for ringing in London for The Ringing World Centenary Celebrations on 26 March 2011.
Please note that there are some changes from the details published in the "Centenary Day Guide" sent out with the tickets. These are:
- St Dunstan’s in the West: tower exhibition will now run from 13.30 to 19.00
- St Giles in the Fields: timed earlier at 11.00 - 12.00
- City, St Bartholomew (Smithfield) is now 1130 to 1230.
- Additional tower:
11.30 - 12.30: St Gabriel, Pimlico, 8, 15 cwt
Location: Warwick Square SW1.
Public transport: Buses 24 (direct) or 2, 36, 185, 436 alight at Warwick Way
- The following towers will admit ticket holders ONLY: St Katharine Cree, St Magnus the Martyr, St Margaret’s Westminster
- Previous towers to be confirmed now firm: St Vedast, Lewisham and Penge
Whitechapel Bell Foundry
- Will admit children under 14 (for this occasion only)
- Although now fully booked, a few places may become available for people who turn up at 12.15